Monday, April 5, 2010

Candidate for a Pullet Surprise!

Candidate for a Pullet Surprise is a poem written by Jerrold H. Zar, Professor Emeritus at Northern Illinois University. However, Dr. Zar has had quite a time keeping his name attached to this wonderful bit of poetry, especially in this digital age.

The poem will fit through any spell checker just fine without throwing up red flags, but then, that's the beauty of this little piece of genius. Enjoy it, don't forget to proofread, and remember: Jerrold. H. Zar.

Stanzas 1-3:

I have a spelling checker,
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
Its vary polished in it's weigh.
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a bless sing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when eye rime.

Full Text

(From Eric Shackle's ebook, prompted by postsecret)

No comments: