Thursday, January 28, 2010

Posterous

Posterous is a new blogging platform that Newsweek said is "...already making Tumblr seem archaic..." Indeed, it looks hot. I've imported TOTI over there if you want to check out what it would look like on there instead of blogger:

http://todayontheinterwebs.posterous.com/

From their FAQ:

"Posterous lets you post things online fast using email. You email us at post@posterous.com and we reply instantly with your new posterous blog.
...


Posterous is NOT a micro blog. There's nothing micro about it! There are no limits to what you can post."


The design is slick, the ease of posting masterful. It auto resizes picture, figurest out links and video-sizing. I would consider switching over except they don't yet have the ability to natively schedule posts in advance. Currently if I post there, it auto reposts here, but not vice versa. Unfortunately, I need posts scheduled in advance because I now live in CST and I'm not normally awake at 12:01 PST.

(From a link off a link off a link at Kottke)

1 comment:

Darc_Oso said...

I like the look over there but it transposed the quotes a bit oddly. Weird.