Sunday, July 5, 2009

Valerie Atherton's Playgound and Intellectual Department

Valerie Atherton's Playgound and Intellectual Department is a website about movies and movie reviews.

According to reader/friend Justin:
"I recommend reading her Star Trek Review, in which she claims Dane Cook inspired the 'Live Long and Prosper' hand gesture..."

Valerie an Valerie:
Facts:
I was born in Malibu, California.
I was a successful tween model for a few years.
In school, I was voted best smile.
I took some acting classes before, but the teacher was English and thought he was all that. La-me.
My heros are my parents, poor people who work hard or win a lottery and can live the American dream, famous women who struggled and did important things and made a difference.
Why the Blog?
I grew up being told by my parents and teachers and friends that there was something special about me, that I would go on to do big things. So here I am! I have decided that I want to be a writer because I think I have a unique perspective on things (a young, hip perspective from today’s generation) and can offer intelligent things to be read.
I call it Valerie Atherton’s Playground and Intellectual Department! Why? Because sometimes it’ll be silly like playing at a playground and sometimes it’ll make you stop and think about stuff.
xo -Val"


That's the tone. Justin goes on: "...I figured it would be obvious to those reading the reviews that this is a joke. Luckily, this is the interwebs and reading the comments to her blogs is just as entertaining as the ignorant article itself."

(From Justin)

No comments: