Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Total Eclipse of the Heart: Literal Video Version

Total Eclipse of the Heart: Literal Video Version is a follow-up literal music video in the style of that AHA Literal Music Video. Basically, instead of the orginal song, the video images are set to replaced lyrics which describe what is going on in the video.

If you can bear through the singing, it's fun.  And by fun I mean kidn of painful. The lyrics are great and the singing and talking is not. Still. I like getting confirmation that everyone else thinks these videos are as looney as I do. 

(From LL )

4 comments:

Celine said...

This is one of my all time favorite literal videos. And I rather like the singing, especially since it's not professionally done. That can't be an easy song to sing.

Two Flights Down said...

This video cracks me up. Also enjoyed the Beatles "Penny Lane" literal music video.

Stefanie said...

I've never seen that actual video! So weird.

W. E. B. Du Blag said...

It is indeed a very hard song to sing... The amateur singer is charming, really, but I think the AHA video struck a chord not just because it was the first one to make it big, but also because (since it's an easier song technically speaking) it sounded closer to the original.

The phenomenon is still very Weird Al. Love it.