Sunday, May 11, 2008

SORRY I MISSED YOUR PARTY

SORRY I MISSED YOUR PARTY (SIMYP) is a blog made entirely of snarky comments and Flickr pictures of others people's parties. It's one of those why-didn't-I-think-of-this ideas. The site dates back to January 29th, when it posted a picture of some dude chugging from a beer bong at a birthday party. Not just any birthday party, some 35-year-old's birthday party. Context is everything. Enjoy a few blue ribbon winners:

"How do these people know each other?
A successful party is when people who wouldn't normally run in the same circle mingle well. Who doesn't love to make a new friend?" SIMYP


"I'll be the first to admit I'm a bad dancer, but that doesn't really stop me from doing it. This pretty much confirms my worst fears - that when I'm dancing, someone is standing right behind me, cackling with laughter over what a lame white person I am." SIMYP


"Cocaine-fueled arm wrestling. This is from a set of found photos of three people doing cocaine off a mirror on top of a briefcase." SIMYP


"Sorry I Missed Your Toga Party... It looked like an excellent way for me to really just go ahead and test some boundaries in a safe environment. Ok, I admit it. I couldn't find any clean white sheets without stains, so I was too embarrassed to show up." — SIMYP
PS: Happy Mother's Day! To yo momma!

(From Buzzfeed, Twitter, Urban Mixer's photostream, Ben Freeman's photostream)

No comments: