Saturday, April 11, 2009

Is This Your Luggage

Is This Your Luggage is an artsy site by Lunalaboo, who explains the site as such:

"I COLLECT LOST LUGGAGE, PHOTOGRAPH IT, AND THEN TRY TO FIND THE OWNERS. IT’S A LITTLE ODD BUT NOT AS ODD AS STAMP COLLECTING, JUST A LITTLE HARDER TO FIND STORAGE SPACE.

When A BAG GETS LOST THE AIRPORT OR AIRLINE WILL STORE IT FOR A WHILE AND TRY TO FIND THE OWNER. If they can’t identify the OWNER OF THE case THEY SEND IT TO BE AUCTIONED OFF WITH THE PROFIT GOING TO CHARITY. I GO TO THESE AUCTIONS AND BUY THE CASES SO I CAN PHOTOGRAPH THEM FOR MY WEIRD VOYEURISTIC PASSION.

The reason for the web site? I would really like to try to find the people who own my suitcases, so if you HAVE ANY FRIENDS WHO HAVE LOST A CASE PLEASE GET THEM TO HAVE A LOOK."

Yeah, I was put off by the giant caps as well, but the pictures are very interesting.  Plus, I love good-karma projects. Even if they are fake. 

(From Buzzfeed)

1 comment:

Guy Danus said...

pretty cool but there's only like 5 suitcases?
-guy